Sunday, January 1, 2012

Gigi Nursery

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, once we knew it was a girl, we began planning and decorating - lots of pink. I decided to design around the bedding, a discontinued Dwell for Target design, Olivia. I couldn't find it in stores anymore, but good folks on ebay were selling items a la carte so I bought the comforter, bumper and a few skirts for very cheap. My mom turned the extra skirts into matching pillows and blankets.

 
 



The bunnies were inspired by a mobile by Flensted. I re-created them with cardboard painted with acrylic, then strung them with fishing line. They're simply whole and half circles arranged to form the bunny in different positions.
The bedding even inpired the design for my baby shower invitations and hanger tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment